Sunday, March 31, 2013

Final Product Explanation (Sixth Post)


What's up guys? As you know I have been working on editing my final product for the Genius Project. After using all of equipment and all resources at my disposal, I have worked very hard to create a short film. It is fairly short, but it is a huge improvement since first starting the project. I will later post part of the product  and/or a film a took before undergoing this project (depending if the product is small enough to fit on here. Videos put through the programs I am using typically are multiple gigabytes). There will be significant differences between the two, as you will see, that I will point out.

http://www.researchtrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/RH1-byte-scale.jpg


Anyways, I am going to explain to you the process I underwent and will continue to use to complete my product. First off, I had to begin with an idea (obviously). I decided that the best way to display all of the skills, especially editing, I learned would be through a fictional plot. I then drew up a quick storyboard, and began recording. It is mostly just about a dream, where most anything can happen. I am using my brother as the subject of my video, and I act as a director and shouted commands to him. I also had to set up each shot. I am using my greenscreen as a background to most of my video, so I can make it almost anything I want, and incorporated all the phases I practiced in the shots I recorded (I also planned ahead to incorporate my springbreak destination as a setting in my video). Now that I am done recording, I will continue to edit my clips for the rest of the I have until the presentation. This is the most time consuming part of the process

http://ugacreativeconsultants.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url1.jpeg

Unfortunatly my product will most likely lack an amazing plot that some might expect. Although cinematography is the focus of my project, I did not include storyboarding in my steps. I wanted to focus more on the actual recording and editing aspect of filmaking, and I had to cut storyboarding out of the process if I wanted to make more progress in the designated areas. So there you have it; the basis of my final product. As I have stated I will try to post that once I am done, but for now, peace!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Guys, Its Ethan from ERB cinematography! Hey Ethan. It is awesome that you were able to successfully complete your project and incorporate your goals of learning cinematography. It is completely understandable that you were not able to incorporate an Oscar winning storyline in it because of your focus in cinematography. Congrats on finishing your project and I hope you can continue working on film making in the future!
    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan your project sounds amazing already! I can't wait to see it! Also I don't blame you for not focusing on the plot of the movie because worrying about that along with the creation of the movie would be way too much work. Great job making your brother the actor since you have authority to boss him around, I would have done the same thing with my brother! Good luck with the rest of the project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan,
    I have commented quite a few times throughout the span of this project on your blog. I can truly tell how much you have learned and how far you have come from the start. Your presentation was outstanding as we all got to see your final product. I understand how you said the plot is very weak but I felt that every aspect you studied and practiced over the past seven weeks was shown well through the short film. Hope that you continue to work in this category and maybe someday you'll be like a Steven Spielberg!

    ReplyDelete