Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's Been Nice! (Seventh Post)

Alright guys, I just wanted to inform you that last period I delivered my TED Talk to the class. I was pretty nervous going into it, but I think I performed fairly well. Before I delivered my speech, I has set a few main goals for myself during the TED Talk and they included:

1. Overcome any stage fright I might have- I have to admit, delivering a speech in front of all your peers is intimidating and, or course, I had a little stage fright. Luckily, I don't believe I showed it much, and I was able to act fairly normal. As the time passed, I became somewhat accustomed to my fear, and became more comfortable.
2. Speak from the heart- Of course I had note cards with me on the stage, and I was fine with reading some of the content on there, but I really wanted to focus on establishing my voice and speaking for what I truly believed in. I wanted to show what hard work can do for the audience and I think that my message was pretty direct.
3. Have Fun!- Besides giving a serious theme for my speech, I wanted to show what I went through to get to the point I am now at. I had a lot of fun learning things on my own, and I want to get a project like this every year. I think I did show how much I enjoyed this project with the dedication I put into my presentation.

Overall I think I delivered a solid presentation. I had flaws throughout, but I overcame them by quickly getting back on track. Was I the best presentation out there...NO of course not. But I did give my presentation my all, and that was the major theme of my project. If I were to be grading myself, I would give a 27 out of the possible 30 points. I worked so hard on my project because I am passionate about my work, and I wanted to get that across as well. I have to say that this is one of my favorite projects I was every given, and because of it I could really prosper.

Thank you guys for following m blog over these 7 weeks and don't think these posts won't come any longer. As long as I continue with my cinematography hobby, I plan to continue to post about my experiences and share about what I am doing. Peace.

P.s. As I promised, here is a copy of my final product (short film) that I worked ever so hard on. Although I stated in my presentation that I spent 6-8 hours on this project, I would have to say that is probably an underestimate. I worked a few more hours than 8 and I really enjoy the turnout. I hope you guys enjoy it as well! I loved making it and I would like to make similar products in the future.


 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvnjGcjMvz4


No comments:

Post a Comment